Monday, March 14, 2011

An Anniversary of Sorts


I almost forgot! Today is the 1 month anniversary of my vegetarianism! It's so funny because I didn't know if I could do it and even considered only trying to go "meat-free" for two weeks. I also have a veggie friend at work who suggested I just try to "cut back" at first and only allow myself to eat chicken or beef 1-2 times per week. Haha, friend, no need to cut back for me!

So, I am proud to say that I did it cold turkey and haven't missed a beat. Honestly, I really haven't missed eating meat at all, and I haven't had any cravings for it either!

So, here's the deal: As of now, I have no plan to eat meat anytime soon. I will continue this process for as long as it feels comfortable- as long as I don't feel like I am lacking anything nutritionally and as long as I don't feel like I am really missing out.

Oh, and I was kind of excited the other night when, after placing my dinner order at a restaurant, the waitress said, "you're a vegetarian aren't you?" Well yes, I guess you could say I am!

And on a totally unrelated, random note, I'm obsessed with this metallic polish! I want it on my toes right this minute!



Happy Monday!